- 1. Conditional Sentense
1) if i missed the bus this afternoon,………the taxi(I’ll get)
2) if i miss the train this morning ……… the bus (I’ll get)
3) Had it not rained, the farmer…….lost all of their crops. (would have)
4) If the driver today does not work, the driver …….. getting into trouble. (would have)
5) if i have more money……….you merry me?(would)
6) If I have a car ….. you mind me pick up? (would)
7) if i have a house …… you stay with me ? (would)
8) you would have a lot of friend if you…..be so mean(didn’t)
9) you ‘il get a lot of money if you ….. not do the deed (didn’t)
10) please dont signt this contac before i……check them(had)
11) Please do not do this task before him …… working on the task (had)
12) if she had bougth a new house, she……..happy(have been)
13) We would be lying on the beach in Mexico right now if we had been able to get our visas on time.(had been)
14) Children may be disappointed if they…….receive good grades.(do not)
15) if she had bougth a new house, she……..happy(have been)
16) Whenever my roommate snores loudly,………sleep.(can’t)
17) If the airplane had not had a mechanical problem, we probably………arrived in Winnipeg by now.(would have)
18) . Had I realized that Tony was a bad driver. I …. my car.
A. would not lend him
B. did not lend him
C. will not lend him
D. would not have lent him
E. had not had
19) . If she works harder, she ….. her paper in time.
A. will finish
B. would finish
C. has finished
D. will be finishing
E. will have finished
20). If my car were in the better condition, I would make a long trip now. It may be concluded that I ….
A. have to stay at home
B. are enjoying the trip
C. prefer staying at home
D. enjoyed the trip
E. stayed at home
2. Direct and Indirect speech
1. The woman says to him: “you play the piano well.”
The girl says to him that ………….
A. you play the piano well.
B. he play the piano well
C. he plays the piano well
D. he played the piano well
E. you played the piano well
2. “Did he leave a message for me?”
“yes, he said………. tonight”.
A. he called you
B. he would call him
C. you called her
D. he would call you
E. I would call you
3. “You mustn’t forget what I told you.”
She told me ………..
A. that I hadn’t to forget what she had told me
B. that I didn’t have to forget what I had told her.
C. that I mustn’t have forgotten what I told you.
D. that I didn’t have to forget what she had told me
E. that I was not to forget what she had told me.sing so loudly
4. Tony said to me: “Why does she sing so loudly?”
A. Tony said to me why does she sing so loudly
B. Tony asked me why did she sing so loudly.
C. Tony asked why does she sing so loudly
D. Tony asked me why she sang so loudly
E. Tony asked me why she did sing so loudly
5. “How many pieces of bread can you eat?” She said
A. She said how many pieces of bread I can eat
B. She wanted to know how many pieces of bread you cculd eat
C. She asked how could I eat a lot of bread
D. She asked how many pieces of bread I could eat
E. She asked me how many pieces of bread I can eat
6. “Where did you go four days ago?” John asked.
Tony asked …….
A. where did I go four days ago
B. where I did go four days ago
C. Where I had gone four days before
D. where I had gone four days ago.
E. where I went four days before
7. “Did you have an assignment last month? Father asked me
Father asked me ……
A. did I have an assignment last month
B. I did have an assignment last month
C. if I had had an assignment the month before
D. if I did have an assignment the month before
E. if I had had an assignment the month before
8. “Were you at the party last night?” Tony said.
A. Tony said that I was at the party the night be tofore
B. Tony wanted to know if he was at the party the night before
C. Tony asked me if I was at the party
D. Tony wanted to know if I had been at the party the night before
E. Tony said to me that I had been at the party the night before
9. Rudy said to me, “Can I help you find a hotel?”
A. Rudy asked me if I could help her find a hotel
B. I wondered if my friend could help me find a hotel
C. Rudy said that I could help me find a hotel
D. Rudy asked me to find a hotel for him
E. Rudy asked me whether he could help me find a hotel
10. “Do you need a pen?” Ani asked. = Ani asked me if…….(I was need a pen.)
11. John asked, “What do you want?” = John asked me…….(what I wanted.)
12. Sue asked, “Are you hungry?” = Sue wanted to know if…… (I was hungry.)
13. “I’m going to move to Ohio,” said Bruce. = Bruce informed me (that)…… (he went to move to Ohio.)
14. “I may be late,” said Mike. = Mike told me (that)….. (he was late.)
15. The man said, “ ………..steal the money.”(I did not)
16. John asked me, “…….father see me ?”(Did your)
17. My mother asked me, “…………..your homework ?”(Have you done)
18. The woman asked me, “……….speak English ?”(Can you)
19. Ani Asked, “………my bag?”(Where is)
20. She said,”……..happy today.”( I am so)
3. Active and Passive voice
1. Rubahlah kalimat berikut ini menjadi passive voice: He meets them everyday
Jawaban: They are met by him everyday
2. Rubahlah kalimat berikut ini menjadi Active voice: They were met by him yesterday
Jawaban: He met them yesterday
3. Rubahlah kalimat berikut ini menjadi Active voice: They have been met by him
Jawaban: He has met them
4. Rubahlah kalimat berikut ini menjadi Active voice: This plant had been watered by her for 5 minutes when I got here
Jawaban: She had watered this plant for 5 minutes when I got here
5. Rubahlah kalimat berikut ini menjadi passive voice: He will meet them tomorrow
Jawaban: They will be met by him tomorrow
6. Rubahlah kalimat berikut ini menjadi passive voice: He will have met them before I get there tomorrow
Jawaban: They will have been met by him before I get there tomorrow.
7. Rubahlah kalimat berikut ini menjadi passive voice: She would have watered this plant.
Jawaban : This plant would have been watered by her.
8. Rubahlah kalimat berikut ini menjadi passive voice: He is meeting them now.
Jawaban : hey are being met by him now.
9. Rubahlah kalimat berikut ini menjadi active voice: This plant was being watered by her.
Jawaban : She was watering this plant.
10. Rubahlah kalimat berikut ini menjadi active voice: They would be being met by him.
Jawaban : He would be meeting them.
Ubahlah kalimat aktif di bawah ini menjadi kalimat pasif.
11. I understand English a little. (English is understood a little (by me))
12. They were calling her in this room at 7.00 am. (She was being called (by them) in this room at 7.00 am)
13. He has taught you for 3 months. (You have been taught (by him) for 3 months)
14. Yunaz gave you a gift. (You were given a gift (by Yunaz).)
15. I will write the answer of the questions next week. (The answer of the questions will be written (by me) next week.)
Change to passive voice below:
16. I make cakes every week. (The cakes are made by me every week.)
17. He does not take the dog out twice a day. (The dog is not taken out by him twice a day.)
18. Does he expect us to offer him the job ? (Are we expected to offer him the job by him ?)
19. They do not make these artificial flowers of silk. (These artificial flowers of silk are not made by them.)
20. We use this room only on special occasions.( This room is used by us only on special occasions.)
Please see the following sentences. Please mark C if it is CORRECT, and I if it is INCORRECT.
1. May I borrow your book, please? <…..>C
2. I will to go to Semarang next week. <…..>C
3. She can not to visit that historic area. <…..>I
4. You may ride the motor cycle if you have Driving Lisence. <…..>I
5. Sheila can go to my house yesterday. <…..>C
6. Your glass is empty. …. I get you some more fresh water?
E. Shall have
7. We …. like to visit that new store some day.
E. Shall have
8. You are sick, but you don’t come hospital to see a doctor.
You …. visit him soon.
9. “I really don’t know why Tony didn’t come to the meeting”.
“There ….. something wrong with him.
A. might be
B. could be
C. will be
D. should have been
E. must have been
10. “Rini is old enough. She …. know better than the others about it.
D. may be
11. My motorcycle runs out of oil. I ….buy it because I will ride it to the meeting.
12. Yanti looks so pale and weak. He must be sick. The underlined sentence means:
A. He has to be sick
B. Maybe he is sick
C. It’s possible that he is sick.
D. He is rather sick
E. I conclude that he is sick
13. “I could have somebody else to carry the heavy bags” It means :
A. I carried the heavy bags
B Somebody else carried the heavy bags for me
C. I asked someone carry the heavy bags.
D. I would carry the heavy bags myself.
E. I didn’t want to carry the heavy bags.
14. They study hard,because next April they will take the examination
A. Will B. Should C. Can
15. You ____ permit to your mother.if you go to school
A. Must B. May C. Mustn’t
16. She ____ come here tommorow.
A. Will B. Can C. Must
17. He ____ speak English well if he took English course .
A. Will B. Can C. Could
18. You seem to be having trouble there. ____I help you?
A. Would B. Will C. Shall
19. Teddy got a bed score for his examination, ____study hard for next
A. Should have studied B. Could have studied C. Might have studied
20. My father ____ play guitar when he was child
A. Shall B. Can C. Could
5. Both and Both of
1. Both of the women…..from Jakarta.
a. are c. was
b. come d. is
2. All the wine….. in the dining room.
a. are c. was
b. does d. is
3. Do you like……
a. they both c. they all
b. them all d. are
4. ……those oranges are sweet.
A. both c. none of
b. none d. no
5. Both of…..attended the meeting last week.
a. us c. we
b. your d. they
6. we…….understand what is going on.
a. none of c. none
b. all of d. all
7. A: how many student are there in the room?
a. all of us c. none
b. both of us d. no
8. Both…….are very interesting.
a. book c. all
b. novels d. of
9. You…..must arrive on time everyday
a. all of c. all
b. no d. none
10. Does he want to help……them?
a. no c. none
b. both of d. of
6. Question Tag
- Handy likes swimming,………? (doesn’t he)
- I’m your best friend,………….? (aren’t I)
- They work in our factory,……..? (don’t they)
- The boys know Mrs. Lynn’s address,……….?(don’t they)
- The man sells fruits,…………..? (doesn’t he)
- We met them last night,……….? (didn’t we)
- You can handle it,……………..?(can’t you)
- Your sister has a cute cat,………….? (doesn’t she)
- The tigers eat meat,…………? (don’t they)
- I have invited you,…………? (haven’t I)
- She is a nurse,………….? (isn’t she)
- They are doctors,…………….?(aren’t they)
- Andi is sick,………………..?(isn’t he)
- This car is very expensive,………..?(isn’t it)
- Martha and his sister are beautiful,………….?(aren’t they)
- We can do it by ourselves,……….?(can’t we)
- Your father will fly to Medan,…………?(won’t he)
- You were my school friend,………..?(weren’t you)
- I am right,………..?( aren’t I)
- The cat is hungry,………….?(isn’t it)